With up to 4,800 W the K2 is the « smallest » amplifier in K Series. Built on the same technologies and features as present in the bigger models, it makes a full-fledged member of the amplifier line that changed the face and direction of the professional audio amplification market.
Only 8kg/17.6lbs light, the K2 is the ideal companion for where space, weight, and uncompromised sound quality matter.
Per Step-up card a K2 can be upgraded to become a K3 – more power without replacing the entire amplifier.
Click here to go to the K Series Step-Up page.
In use worldwide by leading touring and event sound companies, K Series is preferred among the top ranking system designers, sound engineers, and system techs on the road for making their lives easier, giving them reliable premier-grade power and headroom in the smallest possible package size.
Fully digitally controlled and with a serial PC communication port as standard, the K2 is also available with KDSP board and KAESOP Ethernet/AES3 interface: the K2 DSP+AESOP amounts to a fully integrated, highly sophisticated yet easy to use power source including state-of-the-art sound shaping and system management capabilities, remotely controllable via Powersoft’s Armonía Pro Audio Suite™ (Interface available for MediaMatrix, Crestron, AMX, Q-SYS control and monitoring systems).
- Advanced switch-mode worldwide operating power supply technology for high performance and compact size
- Power Factor Correction PFC for extremely low mains consumption and extremely wide mains operating range
- Low Inrush Limiting reduces AC inrush current, removing the need for expensive power sequencers
Fully protected circuit design with:
- Ac protection: shut down power supply when AC mains voltage is outside operating range
- Clip limiter: prevents severely clipped waveforms from reaching loudspeakers, while still maintaining full peak power output
- DC protection: protects against infrasonic signal at the outputs
- VHF protections: protects the loudspeakers against non audible, strong, non musical high frequency signals
- Short circuit protection: protects the amplifier from short circuit or other stressful events for the output circuits with automatic protection reset
- Long term limiter: protects the loudspeaker against steady long term rms (non audio) signals reducing maximum output
- Thermal protection: output stages operating temperature up to 80 °C (176 °F)
- Temperature controlled continous variable speed fan, front to back airflow
- Temperature forecast with LCD traced historical behaviour
- Fixed frequency switchmode output stage for high grade sound accuracy
- Compact size – all models only 1 RU for reduced rack cost and space
- Light weight – for easier racking and shipping: 8 – 12 kg (17.6 – 26.5 lbs) according to configuration
- Combo XLR/6.3mm jack Neutrik input connectors with link capability
- AES3 digital input*
- LCD matrix interactive display
- Comprehensive-user friendly front panel display menu
- Built-in defeatable clip limiters for each channel
- Digital gain-attenuator control
- Defeatable gate selection for each channel
- User selectable gain/sensitivity
- User selectable maximum output power for each channel
- User selectable maximum mains current draw
- Lockable set-up by user selectable access key code
- Built in remote control via the RS-485 interface provides full diagnostic, operational setting and system monitoring
- Hardware monitor available for fast local diagnostic
- Load impedance measurement / display for each channel
- Output power measurements / display for each channel
- Mains voltage and current measurements / display
- Downloadable log file of functional fault events with time related trace
- Smart Card settings, parameters and upgrades functionality
Digital Signal Processing*
- Analog Devices SHARC® DSP architecture
- AD/DA converter: dual 24bit @ 96 kHz Tandem® architecture, 127 dB dynamic range, per channel
- Input/output independent equalizers per channel providing PEQ, raised cosine, shelving IIR filters as well as custom output FIR filters
- Delay up to 1 s for time alignment
- Active DampingControl™ for cable compensation
- Power limiter (TruePower™, RMS voltage, RMS current) + Peak Limiter